Chicken Tikka Masala is very rich, creamy, and it has all the masala’s flavors in it. I genuinely like it making at home and eating it. This recipe will not disappoint you rather than that it is a dish that you will love making it again and again. Well, we can find this dish in different restaurants in Nepal as well.
What is Chicken Tikka Masala?
One of the most popular Indian food item is the chicken tikka masala. It is made with different Indian masala’s, oil, boneless chicken, onion, yogurt, etc. You may eat it along with basmati rice, roti, and naan. Its recipe is just a bomb and delicious.
How to make?
- The first step is the marination of the chicken.
- The second step is the preparation of the sauce.
- And the final step is the preparation of chicken tikka masala.
The ingredients needed for the marination of the chicken
- 250gram of boneless chicken
- 3tbsp of yogurt
- Red food color
- 1 tbsp of chili powder
- Garam masala
- 1 tbsp of ginger garlic paste
- Black pepper and salt as per taste
- 1 tbsp of cumin powder
- 2 tbsp of lemon juice
The ingredients needed for the sauce
- 3 tbsp oil
- 1 large finely chopped onion
- 2 tbsp of chili powder
- 2 tbsp of garam masala
- Chopped coriander
- 2 tbsp of paprika
- 1 tbsp of tomato puree
- 2 tbsp of turmeric
- 3 ½ cups of tomato sauce (800g)
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- 8 cloves of garlic
- 2 tbsp of minced ginger
Methods of preparing Chicken Tikka Masala
- The first step is baking the chicken.
- The second step is making the sauce.
- Final step is making chicken tikka masala.
Baking the Chicken
- In a big bowl, take the chicken and add yogurt, salt, chili powder, garam masala, ginger-garlic paste, black pepper, cumin powder, lemon juice and marinate it well.
- Leave it for about 30 min max.
- Now, preheat the oven at 260°C.
- After that place the marinated chicken on a bamboo or wooden stick. Then set them in a preparing baking pan and bake it for about 15 min until it is dark brown.
For making sauce
- In a large pot, heat the oil on medium heat.
- Add onions, garlic, and ginger.
- Cook it until its tender and add cumin, chili powder, garam masala, paprika, turmeric.
- Stir it for 30 seconds.
- Add tomato sauce, tomato puree, and water and then boil and cook for 5 min.
- Now pour in the cream.
Making Chicken Tikka Masala
- Add the baked chicken into the sauce.
- Cook for 2-5 min max.
- Garnish it with coriander and serve it. You may serve it with roti, naan or basmati rice.
- Enjoy eating Chicken Tikka Masala!
- Calories – 581.9
- Total Fat – 30.5 g
- Cholesterol – 0 mg
- Sodium – 844.0 mg
- Potassium – 1873.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate – 48.9 g
- Protein – 36.2 g