What is Indian Raita
Indian Raita Recipe itself has a clue that it is an Indian Food. It is quick and easy to make and is too much tasty. So, who doesn’t love to make an easy and tasty dish? We can find this food item in some Indian restaurant in different cities of different countries. It is best eating it with biriyani, roti, etc. The main ingredient used here is yogurt. It has the creamy taste of yogurt that mixes with different vegetable ingredients such as tomatoes, onions, cucumber, carrot, coriander, etc. It is a Simple Dish which is a sauce actually and is pretty much delicious. This sauce can be eaten with any of the spicy and grilled dishes as well. The ish can e made within 5-10min maximum.
How to make Indian Raita?
You can make Indian raita very easily at your own kitchen. You need to gather the necessary ingredients required to make raita and carefully follow the instructions below.
- 3/4 cup whole milk plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup finely diced or grated cucumber (remove seeds from the cucumber)
- 1 tbsp finely chopped onion
- Coriander finely chopped
- 1 medium-sized tomato finely chopped (remove seeds from the tomato)
- 1 small grated carrot
- Salt as per taste
- Black salt ¼ tbsp
- 1 green chili fine chopped
- 1/4 roasted cumin power
Methods of preparation
- In a bowl, put chopped cucumber, onion, tomatoes, carrot, coriander, and salt mix it well.
- Add black salt and mix well again.
- Now add finely chopped green chili and roasted cumin powder and mix everything well.
- You can serve it with biriyani and any other spicy and grilled dishes.
- Enjoy your Indian Raita!
Nutritional Values (For 1 serving)
- Calories – 95.4
- Total Fat – 0.3 g
- Cholesterol – 0.0mg
- Sodium – 2147.1 mg
- Potassium – 166.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate – 10.1 g
- Protein – 12.9 g